Immune to effects with no save

Ask M&M 2e rules questions that your fellow gamers can't answer. Only Mutants & Masterminds Line Developer (and creator) Steve Kenson can post replies. He visits the boards in between projects and convention appearances so please be patient!
Q
Cohort
Cohort

Immune to effects with no save

Postby Q » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:14 pm

If i wanted to be immune to Mimic or Nemisis, how do i go about that?

It looks like immunities have a clause about effects that require saves, and nullification seems ... expensive/complicated.

Would this type of effect need to be staggered like regular immunities from the very specific to more borad to all encompasing (ect)...

This kind of Power screams of GM approval necessary from the implicaitons of game balance. Perhaps it should be built with the flaw Requires GM approval? 8) Not availble in all settings, some restrictions apply, see source book for details ....

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Re: Immune to effects with no save

Postby Steve Kenson » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:29 pm

Q wrote:If i wanted to be immune to Mimic or Nemisis, how do i go about that?

Petition your GM and come to a mutual agreement about how many ranks of Immunity this ability is worth (probably not more than 1 or 2, unless those powers are especially common in your game). If the GM says "no," you're either out of luck or need to get more persuasive. 8)
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing

Return to “Official Rules Questions (Second Edition)”