Flying / Running through walls

Ask M&M 2e rules questions that your fellow gamers can't answer. Only Mutants & Masterminds Line Developer (and creator) Steve Kenson can post replies. He visits the boards in between projects and convention appearances so please be patient!
fviv21
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Flying / Running through walls

Postby fviv21 » Mon May 26, 2008 6:59 pm

Thanks in advance for clarification.

Hero wants to travel through a window or even a wall (if it is weak enough).
The rules allow for a move and attack on the wall but what if the character doesn't want to move-stop-smash window-wait until next turn to continue?

The knockback rules indicate that if the velocity of the knockback exceeds theToughness by 5 the character continues flying against their wishes, unimpeded.
I can't find a rule or post that seems to fit exactly but here's what I was thinking:
Hero wants to attack Baron Baddie 60 feet away. Hero can fly (or run) at 60 feet in a normal move BUT a window (Toughness 1) is in the way. Hero goes through the window with movement of rank 6 or higher (the glass toughness +5) and the glass won't slow them down.

Characters could fly through brick walls etc as well of course they couldn't attack someone on the other side they couldn't see.

This crash through walls by exceeding them by 5 or more and keep moving, would seem to match what we see in comics.

Your thoughs?

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Postby Steve Kenson » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:10 pm

Sounds like a pretty reasonable guideline to me. I tend to play fairly fast-and-loose with the whole smashing through things anyhow, since it happens at lot in the comics.
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing

Return to “Official Rules Questions (Second Edition)”