Boost and concentration

Ask M&M 2e rules questions that your fellow gamers can't answer. Only Mutants & Masterminds Line Developer (and creator) Steve Kenson can post replies. He visits the boards in between projects and convention appearances so please be patient!
a.k.a. Legion
Hireling
Hireling

Boost and concentration

Postby a.k.a. Legion » Thu May 01, 2008 2:36 pm

Here's a question a friend asked me and I'm not sure how this would work

I make a Boost power and juice the range up to Perception, but I make the duration Concentration instead of Instant. I wanna boost "that guy over there."

Normally, Boost diminishes by one point per round.

So does my target gain the full benefit of my Boost, and then gain the diminishing returns when I stop focusing? Or does he gain the diminishing effects WHILE I concentrate, and lose them utterly if I stop?

Now, would the target gain the full boost each time the user concentrates, aquiring the fade after he stops? Or does the power work as normal and completely stop if the user stops concentrating?

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Postby Steve Kenson » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:37 pm

The full Boost would essentially last while the user concentrated, then begin to fade thereafter. Of course, a perception range Boost is a potentially imbalanced power the GM should also consider carefully before permitting at all.
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing

Return to “Official Rules Questions (Second Edition)”