Fatigue(Sleep) & Regeneration(Unconscious)

Ask M&M 2e rules questions that your fellow gamers can't answer. Only Mutants & Masterminds Line Developer (and creator) Steve Kenson can post replies. He visits the boards in between projects and convention appearances so please be patient!
karas
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Fatigue(Sleep) & Regeneration(Unconscious)

Postby karas » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:36 pm

Ok, here's a simple question, ok, maybe not so simple but ...

Someone with Fatigue(Sleep Modifier) nails a target, and they end up Unconscious as a result(whether due to hitting the target with multiple Fatigue Effects or they fail their roll massively, doesnt matter). With the Sleep Modifier they're Asleep instead of Unconscous.

Now ... it says they get a Recovery Check every Hour instead of every Minute like for normal Unconscious.

Two questions.

Does Recovery Bonus from Regeneration still apply? ((I assume so))

Would any ranks in Regeneration(Unconscious) apply? Albeit shifted down to consider the different recovery rate. ((I'm of mixed views about this))

Forced Sleep:
No Ranks(once / hour)
Rank 1(once / 20 minutes)
Rank 2(once / 5 minutes)
Rank 3(once / minute)

Since Regeneration(Unconscious) only goes to 3 ranks for Regeneration, thats why that structure.

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Re: Fatigue(Sleep) & Regeneration(Unconscious)

Postby Steve Kenson » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:44 pm

karas wrote:Does Recovery Bonus from Regeneration still apply? ((I assume so))

Yes.

Would any ranks in Regeneration(Unconscious) apply? Albeit shifted down to consider the different recovery rate.

Depends on the descriptors of the Sleep power and the Regeneration; a Sleep effect based on a metabolic drug, for example, working on a regenerator with a fast recovery rate, the Regeneration should probably apply. Some sort of psychic "sleep" power, probably not. Depends on the situation.
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing

Return to “Official Rules Questions (Second Edition)”