Help me understand Ranged Damage

Ask M&M 2e rules questions that your fellow gamers can't answer. Only Mutants & Masterminds Line Developer (and creator) Steve Kenson can post replies. He visits the boards in between projects and convention appearances so please be patient!
olaffio
Bystander
Bystander

Help me understand Ranged Damage

Post by olaffio » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:58 pm

I have few questions about Ranged damage...

1) When some powers make references to Ranged Damage, to understand if it is Perception Ranged Damage (pag. 38 of Ultimate Power), I only need to see the Range descriptor in the power entry, or do I have to consider something different?

2) When I make an Area Ranged Damage (like the Fireball AP of Fire Control) do I have to make an attack roll or the attack automatically hits? If I have to make it, against which target I have to make it? And if I target an empty area?

3) What is a Ranged Burst Area Damage?

Thanx!!

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Re: Help me understand Ranged Damage

Post by Steve Kenson » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:09 am

olaffio wrote:1) When some powers make references to Ranged Damage, to understand if it is Perception Ranged Damage (pag. 38 of Ultimate Power), I only need to see the Range descriptor in the power entry, or do I have to consider something different?
Ranged Damage is normal range unless it specifies it has the Perception Range modifier.
2) When I make an Area Ranged Damage (like the Fireball AP of Fire Control) do I have to make an attack roll or the attack automatically hits?
It's an area effect, so no attack roll is required.
3) What is a Ranged Burst Area Damage?
Ranged Damage with the Area (Burst) extra.
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing