Sustained Duration continuity

Ask M&M 2e rules questions that your fellow gamers can't answer. Only Mutants & Masterminds Line Developer (and creator) Steve Kenson can post replies. He visits the boards in between projects and convention appearances so please be patient!
Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Sustained Duration continuity

Postby Black Mamba » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:51 am

Here you gave an answer stating that you can only use Sustained Duration Telekinesis on one target at a time: trying to grab/pin/damage a second target makes you drop the first.

Here you state that putting Sustained on an attack, like Blast, will allow you to keep Damaging the first and also attack new targets with the same Blast on subsequent Rounds.

Those two answers would seem to be in conflict as you are saying one Sustained Duration Attack can be used on multiple targets - basically getting a Lasting effect for free - and the other cannot. Logically both of these Sustained attacks need to work the same way to maintain continuity and game balance. Is there something here I am missing that explains why the Blast gets such an advantage?
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Postby Steve Kenson » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:49 am

Yes, I supposed, to be truly consistent, Telekinesis should have that advantage as well.
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing

Return to “Official Rules Questions (Second Edition)”