Question about skill ranks II : the revenge

Ask M&M 2e rules questions that your fellow gamers can't answer. Only Mutants & Masterminds Line Developer (and creator) Steve Kenson can post replies. He visits the boards in between projects and convention appearances so please be patient!
chatladin
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Question about skill ranks II : the revenge

Postby chatladin » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:56 am

Steve Kenson wrote:
Mister Astounding wrote:In the main rule book, it says that skill ranks are limited by the campagins Power level +5. So, for instance at PL 10, the max ranks for skills is 15. Does this total include ability modifiers?
It does not, so the maximum skill bonus (not rank) is (PLx2)+5 (since ability bonuses are generally limited to PL).

does this total includes feats or powers ?

I ask since the Attractive Feat (which can be an exception to the rules) say : "This bonus cannot increase your total effective skill ranks higher than the campaign's power level limit

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Postby Steve Kenson » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:32 am

Feats and Powers that improve skills generally do so with either a skill rank bonus or an ability modifier bonus, counting as one of those in terms of the limit. Attractive is a bit of an oddball and is generally counted as a skill rank bonus, although in my own games I allow a bit more leeway and count the Attractive bonus as either, so long as the character's total skill bonus isn't higher than (PLx2)+5. Feats and powers cannot improve skill bonuses above this limit, except with explicit GM permission.
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing

Return to “Official Rules Questions (Second Edition)”