Linked Confuse/Blast Question

Ask M&M 2e rules questions that your fellow gamers can't answer. Only Mutants & Masterminds Line Developer (and creator) Steve Kenson can post replies. He visits the boards in between projects and convention appearances so please be patient!
Zanamaru
Groupie
Groupie

Linked Confuse/Blast Question

Post by Zanamaru » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:27 am

Hi all, I have a player who has a sorceress, Sigil. She has a spell where she does mental damage to a foe, and confuses him as well. The confusion I have is this. The power is built as follows:

Blast [alternate save: will], linked to Confuse, rank 10.

The problem is, in the entry under Linked, it reads that if the saves are of the same type (in this case, Will), there is only one save made against both effects. But since the Blast power was changed to a will save, it's base is 15+ power level, for a total of 25, while Confuse is still PL 10, for a total save of 20. So I guess my question is, should the one save be 20 or 25? Or should the victim roll once and compare his total Will save to both results, potentially meaning he could make the confuse effect save but not the damage save? Thanks for any help you can give.

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Re: Linked Confuse/Blast Question

Post by Steve Kenson » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:09 am

Zanamaru wrote:Or should the victim roll once and compare his total Will save to both results, potentially meaning he could make the confuse effect save but not the damage save?
This is correct and generally the case where Linked effects have the same save but different DCs.
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing