Transfer and permanent

Ask M&M 2e rules questions that your fellow gamers can't answer. Only Mutants & Masterminds Line Developer (and creator) Steve Kenson can post replies. He visits the boards in between projects and convention appearances so please be patient!
Tapewormsupreme
Bystander
Bystander

Transfer and permanent

Post by Tapewormsupreme » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:43 pm

I have a character who uses transfer after absorbing (possessing) somebody, they do not gain the transfer points unless they can stay absorbed to the person for a full day. Now with the limit on how many points somebody can take on transfer, if it is permanent, do they get the points if they absorb somebody else since they already got points from the last person they absorbed? If not, I was wondering if it would be logical to allow the person a somewhat of an array of powers they have absorbed, but only utilizing the number of points they can legally absorb at any given time.

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Re: Transfer and permanent

Post by Steve Kenson » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:54 am

Tapewormsupreme wrote:I have a character who uses transfer after absorbing (possessing) somebody was wondering if it would be logical to allow the person a somewhat of an array of powers they have absorbed, but only utilizing the number of points they can legally absorb at any given time.
That sounds like a reasonable compromise option to me and is what I'd recommend.
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing