Life Control Alternate powers.

Ask M&M 2e rules questions that your fellow gamers can't answer. Only Mutants & Masterminds Line Developer (and creator) Steve Kenson can post replies. He visits the boards in between projects and convention appearances so please be patient!
Marinex
Bystander
Bystander

Life Control Alternate powers.

Post by Marinex » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:09 pm

One of my players is reading more into the phrase, "All at perception Range," than I believe is intended. My take is that the line is merely giving advice on extras to buy with the power so it fits better and he believes it is a rule giving all of the listed powers 2 ranks of the range extra at no cost.

My reading is as follows. You buy level 10 Life control for a total of 40 points plus 1 point for the alternate power feat. If you want Stun with perception range as that alternate you add the 2 ranks per level of the range extra so it's cost is now 4 ranks per level. So for 40 points he gets the power at level 10 with no other extras or feats.

His reading means that He only needs to spend 20 points of the alternate with the power getting perception for free, allowing him to take other extras and feats with the remaining points.

Thanks in advance.

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Post by Steve Kenson » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:48 am

Your reading of how the Life Control power is intended to work is correct. Tell your player nice try, but there's no free lunch there. 8)
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing