PL question Not sure what I"m missing

Ask M&M 2e rules questions that your fellow gamers can't answer. Only Mutants & Masterminds Line Developer (and creator) Steve Kenson can post replies. He visits the boards in between projects and convention appearances so please be patient!
Unscenej
Bystander
Bystander

PL question Not sure what I"m missing

Post by Unscenej » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:22 pm

For example I was looking at the Martial Artist Template, The Martial Artist has a +16 attack a PL10 character I understand it's from the trade off, but how does Accurate Attack apply? Or, in other words, If I buy up to the max ATT/DC save 10/10 if I can't bring my attack over ten because of PL limits how does feats and powers that add to attack work?

Also is the Max rank for a Power the same as the Max rank for a skill +5?

*grin* Sometimes I'll miss a key point and won't understand it til someone points it out haha.

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Re: PL question Not sure what I"m missing

Post by Steve Kenson » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:57 am

Unscenej wrote:For example I was looking at the Martial Artist Template, The Martial Artist has a +16 attack a PL10 character I understand it's from the trade off, but how does Accurate Attack apply? Or, in other words, If I buy up to the max ATT/DC save 10/10 if I can't bring my attack over ten because of PL limits how does feats and powers that add to attack work?
Accurate Attack works the same regardless of trade-offs: subtract from the damage and add to attack bonus. So the Martial Artist (Att +16/Dmg +4) can subtract up to 4 from his damage to add up to 4 to his attack (although at that point he's Damage +0, so he might not hurt the target).
Also is the Max rank for a Power the same as the Max rank for a skill +5?
Powers have no maximum rank, except where the interact with another power level limit, such as damage, save bonus, etc. Then they're limited to whatever rank is within the limit for that trait.
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing