Array Questoin

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
Guyon
Bystander
Bystander

Array Questoin

Postby Guyon » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:29 am

I have an Array that contains a Strike attack, and Mind Control with a slow fade.

If I Mind Control a Hero the slow will keep him under the power fro 5 min. Now If is use Strike from the Array on a different hero will the mind control character be freed, or will the slow fade still hold him?

Thanks

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Array Questoin

Postby kenseido » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:35 am

Switching powers in an array is like no longer maintaining the power. Even Continuous powers get shut off (per Steve) when you switch to a different slot.

There are two exceptions: Lasting powers (but the power fall under the not being maintained rule for lasting powers) and Independent powers.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Guyon
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Guyon » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:23 am

@ kenseido Many thanks

Mind control has "Lasting" so my villain then could then Strike at another hero while the first was still in Mind Control?

BTW I forgot to say the mind control had Extra: Duration Sustained so they did not need to fully concentrate.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:02 am

Guyon wrote:@ kenseido Many thanks

Mind control has "Lasting" so my villain then could then Strike at another hero while the first was still in Mind Control?

BTW I forgot to say the mind control had Extra: Duration Sustained so they did not need to fully concentrate.

As I understand it, your mental control remains until they make their save (which they can do every round, +1 each time) but you cannot issue new commands without using the power again, which means they'll only run on the last command or commands. If they haven't been issued a command, it's a bit more ambiguous as to whether they do nothing, waiting for a command, until they make their save, or if they simply snap out of it.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”