An unusual Device question

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
Ash Williams
Sidekick
Sidekick

An unusual Device question

Postby Ash Williams » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:11 pm

Okay, so I thought of giving a character with a Device like the Ivlivs from the Heroes of Olympus series. Basically, depending on what side the coin lands, a different weapon appears. I've already figured that I'd use Weapon Summoning (with the other weapon as an Alternate Power). The question is: How could I go about doing the "randomness" of the coin toss? Any suggestions?

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: An unusual Device question

Postby Bladewind » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:16 pm

Depending on how many alternate weapons there are, add a quirk of "random weapon" and roll a d20 to see what gets chosen.

You'd have to have a chart of what's what on the roll ahead of time but it's pretty random...

Ash Williams
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: An unusual Device question

Postby Ash Williams » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:05 am

I've only got two weapons (a flail and a shield [not a thrower like Steve Rogers']). After discussing it with my friends, I just decided to go with a regular coin-toss to decide. Since the character is a slightly toned-down version Marvel's Hercules, this seemed the way to go.
Find something to believe in. And find it for yourself. And when you do, pass it on to the future. - Iroquois Pliskin

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”