'Last Stand' feat from Mecha & Manga question

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
Phoenix8008
Bystander
Bystander

'Last Stand' feat from Mecha & Manga question

Postby Phoenix8008 » Tue May 22, 2012 5:47 am

I have a question. Mecha and Manga has a feat called 'Last Stand'.

"You can be a bloody mess, but you still find that one last ounce of strength needed to prevail. You can use extra effort to ignore all penalties from damage conditions during a single round."

What exactly are 'penalties from damage conditions'?

Would it prevent a character from going unconscious if he was hit hard enough to gain that result on the table?
Would it prevent knockback?
Is death considered a penalty from a damage condition?

Or are we just talking about the penalty to the Toughness save due to having bruises or injuries?

Could a PC use extra effort repeatedly to activate 'Last Stand'?

Thanks for any help.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: 'Last Stand' feat from Mecha & Manga question

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue May 22, 2012 5:55 am

I believe that they are, indeed, referring primarily to the penalties, which means that, for a turn, you act as if you have no injuries. If you're playing with the optional rule that the damage penalties also apply a penalty to your defense or attack rolls, you'd ignore the penalties there too.

I wouldn't allow it to bypass Death or Unconscious. I'd probably allow it in a Dying case, albeit only for a single Move or Standard action (it fits nicely with the genre for the hero/villain to pop up and make one last attack whether it's the grizzled detective firing off that last shot to blow up the kingpin's escape vehicle, the seemingly dead victim who grabs the killer's leg, or the revenant slasher who pops up for One Final Attack on the Last Girl. And it would probably allow you to bypass the Staggered/Disabled penalties of only a single action.

Personally, I think it's a rather underpowered advantage, but I can see its uses.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: 'Last Stand' feat from Mecha & Manga question

Postby kenseido » Tue May 22, 2012 6:28 am

Well it definitely falls under the "not all Feats are created equal" classification, but its something that gives flavor to a character.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”