PL 10 but PL 8 points?

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
Draamal
Groupie
Groupie

PL 10 but PL 8 points?

Postby Draamal » Wed May 16, 2012 10:33 pm

I was thinking about a campaign at PL 8 but some of my players always seem to want to exceed the PL at some point and this is the compromise I came up with. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this and how it turned out.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: PL 10 but PL 8 points?

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu May 17, 2012 5:59 am

Honestly, all you really have there is a PL 10 campaign with a much narrower focus (and, from my experience, most people will skimp on "extraneous" skills and feats to get their powers up to the level they want).

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Thu May 17, 2012 7:43 am

Yeah, all you need to do is look at some of the underpointed "jobber" builds in the Roll Call and see how single focused the characters will end up being. They will be able to fight and thats about it.

Might works for a LSH style game where everyone only has one power, but they will still be limited.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Neopopulas
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Neopopulas » Thu May 17, 2012 8:53 am

its not out of the question. I play in a couple of games that are, for example, PL 6, with the points of PL 8 or 10. This allows you to have a much broader skill base, more types of powers, or just allowing people to have more skills. It basically started at PL 6 and grew, gaining PP but not increasing the PL of the game. This means that the players grow out, they grow more broad in their abilities and skills instead of just becoming more powerful in their (usually narrow and combat focused) core abilities.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”