Three independent Heads-How to build

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
Corebrute23
Mastermind
Mastermind

Three independent Heads-How to build

Postby Corebrute23 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:00 am

I'm not saying I plan to bring in a monstrosity for my players to fight with multiple heads, but if I was... :wink:

The being with three heads, each head is independent from each other, and thus can attack seperately. I would make them have the same initiative to save time, but is there a way to make each head attack with their own logic (i.e. each target the one they consider a threat, or only one gets blinded by an assault etc)? also, since it's one body, they would likely have the same Toughness score/take the same damage.

Is there a power to represent multiple independent heads? If it makes a difference, I intend for the creature to be a machine.

Is this enough information for you guys to help me, or is there some more information you need?
Games I'm playing in:
Crinoverse: Warehouse 23
Ben Zabo: Shakes

Games I'm GMing
Grimnoir Chronicles(Open Recruitment until August 30th)

Builds:
The Core brutes 2e

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Three independent Heads-How to build

Postby kenseido » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:38 am

I would think you make them as three characters with the drawback/complication that they all take physical damage (but not other effects) dished out to any one of them.

Or you could make one a primary and the other two be computer/construct (immovable kind) sidekicks.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Corebrute23
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Corebrute23 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:52 am

kenseido wrote:I would think you make them as three characters with the drawback/complication that they all take physical damage (but not other effects) dished out to any one of them.

Or you could make one a primary and the other two be computer/construct (immovable kind) sidekicks.

Hmm, that works. And if I do the second one, I can do interpose, or a limitation that they can only handle so much damage.

Thanks person, who may or may not be facing this monstrosity in the near/distant future. :twisted:
Games I'm playing in:
Crinoverse: Warehouse 23
Ben Zabo: Shakes

Games I'm GMing
Grimnoir Chronicles(Open Recruitment until August 30th)

Builds:
The Core brutes 2e

Doctor Devious
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Doctor Devious » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:05 pm

If you want separate actions, sidekick is indeed the way to go for continual independence (even though you'd flaw them to "touch range").

You could likely use summon minion for the heads to operate with separate actions during combat (after "summoning" the extra heads - even though they were sort-of there already), but just "be there" without really doing very much the rest of the time (AP separate abilities for which head in in control at any other time?)

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”