How much would this Extra be worth?

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
Grayson
Compatriot
Compatriot

How much would this Extra be worth?

Postby Grayson » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:22 am

I have a hypothetical question. The effect, Transform, allows the user to transform the subject into something else but doesn't allow the subject's overall point value to be increased. If there was an extra that allowed the user to increase the subject's point value to say 1 power point per rank of the Transform, how much would you charge for the extra. Yes, I know this may be a bad idea and I know that this probably should be done with an Affects Others Variable power structure. However, for the sake of argument, let's say that you are going to allow such an extra. How much do you think the extra should cost? Thanks.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: How much would this Extra be worth?

Postby kenseido » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:31 am

Ultimate Powers has a power called Empowerment, which allows you to "give" someone 5xpower rank in power points. You can split the points among multiple people (the max total points you can give is 5pp/rank), but the points don't stack with existing powers. The powert is Sustained and costs 6p/rank.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:33 am

Incidentally, Empowerment is built as Affects Others Variable, so he was right in that it's probably the easiest way to build it. :) I'd probably say a +1 Extra would be about right. 1 pp for 1 pp spent is pretty close to setting up a Linked Empowerment and Transform with a limitation built in that the empowerment and the Transform have to be related.

Okk
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Okk » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:59 am

Grayson wrote:If there was an extra that allowed the user to increase the subject's point value to say 1 power point per rank of the Transform, how much would you charge for the extra.

Out of curiosity, what would happen if two characters repeatedly used Transform on each other, intentionally failing their saving throws, and using some of the additional points to increase rank in Transform?

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:04 am

Well there is a maximum number of points you can give out with Empowerment, so I imagine each Transformer will hit their max and that will be the end of it.

Also, this doesn't increase existing powers, nor would it allow you to break PL caps.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Grayson
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Grayson » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:21 am

Thanks all for your help. I appreciate the input.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”