Deflect power: Ranged AND Melee or no??

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
Phoenix8008
Bystander
Bystander

Deflect power: Ranged AND Melee or no??

Postby Phoenix8008 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:51 am

Building a character heavy w/ Deflect power and extras. As long as melee attack bonus is less than Deflect rank, I can use it in place of melee block I know. Trying to be point defense for the team and be able to block multiple ranged attacks in an area. Can I only block ranged OR melee attacks at a time, or can I do both?

If I'm guarding an area with my deflect but someone moves next to me and does a melee attack, can I switch back and forth between the ranged and melee or am I stuck in only one mode or the other? Would it need to be a shorter action than standard (move, free, or reaction) in order to do the switch?

Any help greatly appreciated.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Deflect power: Ranged AND Melee or no??

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:45 am

Unless you restrict players into choosing which type of ranged attacks they are deflecting that round, I don't think there's any reason to force them to choose between ranged and melee.

FWIW, an explicit indication that melee attacks can be blocked by Deflect although I kind of wish that SK had answered ELric's other questions.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”