How do you make a character with 3 forms?

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
Someone
Bystander
Bystander

How do you make a character with 3 forms?

Postby Someone » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:15 am

Specifically, I want something that has a base form, then transforms into a special power, battle form. When they turn off that form, instead of going to the base form they would go to a third form, until say a week has gone by and they recharge enough to return to the base form (which would let them switch to the power form again).

Basically, all three forms need different stats and powers. Is there a way to do this?

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: How do you make a character with 3 forms?

Postby FuzzyBoots » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:31 am

Two easy ways I can think of to do this. One is the Battle Form power from Mecha and Manga, which is essentially a modified Container to allow for the "powering up" you frequently see in Anime. Another, possibly simpler way to do it, is to build it with Alternate Form or Metamorph, and just make ample use of One-Way Transformation and such so that they can only transform under certain circumstances.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:55 pm

Battle form was what i used for my Hope/Lady Death/Lady Demon character idea.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:05 pm

If you want some of the forms to be more powerful, than Alternate Form (or Battle Form) is the way to go.

So your Base Form would be a passive container (Alternate Form w/ Continuous and Permanent), with a Power Loss Drawback (not for X time after using Super form)

Your Super form would be a Sustained Container (regular Alternate Form), with a that it can only be used when the Base Form is active.

I don't know enough about Battle Form to lay that out for you, there may be some built in mechanics for this.

Edit: You could go with Normal Identity Drawback instead of Power Loss. Use One Way Transformation or Accidental Change to lock you into that form after using the Super form. Its a little cleaner.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”