Create Object, Green Lantern-like Character

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Create Object, Green Lantern-like Character

Postby Hound » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:42 pm

Okay, so I want to take Create Object, using psionic energy to manifest objects, so it ends up being similar to the way Green Lanterns work. Trying to hammer out the fine details.. Please read the following and tell me if its correct or how to modify it. Because my idea actually seems pretty near broken.

For this example:

With Create Object Rank 8, I can make some pretty sizable objects within 80 feet., I take Moveable so I can move objects I create like I have telekinesis, Grab Duration so it lasts until I dismiss it. Then Grab Percise feat so I can give fine details, innate so it can't be nullified, and Stationary so if I am not moving it, it remains in place. This becomes 35PP, Objects I make have a DC 18.

Now with the Duration Extra, I can create an object, and then use an Alternate power because the item has been crafted and only disappears if I dismiss it.

So if I craft a Sword, I take Alternate power "Strike" so represent using said sword.

I then craft Armor covering my whole body. So I take Alternate powers "Flight, Protection, and Life Support." This is what happens when the green lantern covers his whole body in that glowing green aura.

I can also take powers like "Blast" To be like when the Green lantern creates a Giant fist and PUNCHES people.

Either way, I get can get an insane amount of powers from this. Is this broken, or sounds right?
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Create Object, Green Lantern-like Character

Postby kenseido » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:16 pm

Actually, its been said that Continuous powers in an Array turn off after the array is switched.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:27 pm

See this isn't an array so to speak.

My power is, I make an Armor. I make a Sword. These are the powers of said Sword and said Armor. The Power of my create object is, that these last until I say they disappear.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:52 pm

Alternate Powers are what I referred to. If the Sword and Armor are AP's of Create Object, then one goes away as soon as you switch to the other. Unless they are dynamic.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:01 pm

Meh I can't get it to work, so I changed it to cosmic power, and made create object one of the AP
My Characters

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:41 pm

{nods} Continuous Create Object is one of the exceptions for going away when the array gets switched, but it doesn't happen for powers with the Create Object descriptor like Strike or Protection.

If you want to be able to do a number of powers with the description being using your constructs, you might consider a Dynamic Array of powers so that you can allocate your points between Create Object, Strike, and Force Field as the situation demands.

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:45 pm

Interesting idea, but I just went with cosmic powers. Its not better, but it was just simple and easy.
My Characters

peregrine
Cohort
Cohort

Postby peregrine » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:42 pm

How do you "take" strike by crafting a sword? You can make a sword shaped object, sure, but just using Create Object to make a sword shaped object doesn't actually make you a sword to get damage from, at most you might get improvised weapon damage from it. Likewise, you don't just get free Protection, Flight, and Life Support by making armor, you'd have to pay for those separately.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”