Enahnced Trait-Variable Enhanced feats?

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
Corebrute23
Mastermind
Mastermind

Enahnced Trait-Variable Enhanced feats?

Postby Corebrute23 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:00 am

In the instant super heroes book I noticed there were a few characters with enhanced feats in their powers, with some named feats afterwards. What I want to know is, if I put in the power reserve power (UP p183) Enhanced feat as one of the powers it can improve, when I allocate points to it, can I choose to add any feats to my repertoire, until I allocate points again?

On an unrelated note, it says improve the powers I have. Can I improve them, if I have rank 0 in that power? Like, can I have Enhanced attack in my power reserve, if without power reserve my attack would be 0?
Games I'm playing in:
Crinoverse: Warehouse 23
Ben Zabo: Shakes

Games I'm GMing
Grimnoir Chronicles(Open Recruitment until August 30th)

Builds:
The Core brutes 2e

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Enahnced Trait-Variable Enhanced feats?

Postby FuzzyBoots » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:20 am

Corebrute23 wrote:In the instant super heroes book I noticed there were a few characters with enhanced feats in their powers, with some named feats afterwards. What I want to know is, if I put in the power reserve power (UP p183) Enhanced feat as one of the powers it can improve, when I allocate points to it, can I choose to add any feats to my repertoire, until I allocate points again?

I'd hold with Steve's ruling that a dynamic slot involving multiple powers must have the minimum rank invoked for each one. For feats, that means that if the slot is active at all, everything has to have at least one rank. Power Reserve is just a fancy version of dynamic arrays, so the same rule would apply there.

Corebrute23 wrote:On an unrelated note, it says improve the powers I have. Can I improve them, if I have rank 0 in that power? Like, can I have Enhanced attack in my power reserve, if without power reserve my attack would be 0?

Personally, I say no. One of the balancing factors of power reserve is that it enhances the traits that you already have for a slight cost break. Now Boost, on the other hand, that works nicely for increasing the value of traits you don't actually have, as per the description.

Corebrute23
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Corebrute23 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:26 am

So, could I use power reserve, with different boosts? To raise my attack, or my luck control above 0?

And how would boost work with enhanced feats?
Games I'm playing in:

Games I'm GMing

Builds:
The Core brutes 2e

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Corebrute23 wrote:So, could I use power reserve, with different boosts? To raise my attack, or my luck control above 0?

And how would boost work with enhanced feats?

{glances up at his prior post} As stated, I think you'd have to have ranks before you can use power reserve on it. Why not just build it as a dynamic array and just keep some slots on if you want some powers always there?

And my feeling on a container of feats with Fades is that either there's a fixed order to how the feats get gained or lost or the GM gets to decide on the spot.

Corebrute23
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Corebrute23 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:20 pm

Thanks for the help. Decided to go a different route with the character, as it wasn't doing what I wanted it to do, and it felt like I was cheating the system-especially with the feats thing.
Games I'm playing in:

Games I'm GMing

Builds:
The Core brutes 2e

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”