Astral Form's Comatose body drawback

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
Corebrute23
Mastermind
Mastermind

Astral Form's Comatose body drawback

Postby Corebrute23 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:38 am

In ultimate power Astral Form has the leave a body behind drawback built into the power. I was wondering if that leaving a vulnerable body behind has been written up anywhere, or what the value of it was?

My idea is for my time traveler's power to be the ability to hide where he can see the action, then summon a future version of himself to do battle. Since the future self remembers watching the battle, he knows exactly what punches the enemy is going to throw, whose walking behind him, when the enemy will feint, and where they leave themselves vulnerable. The drawback is that if anyone attacks the vulnerable body, the damage will carry over, as will a paradox threaten to engulf my character.

Since the past version is essentially just watching the fight and hiding, I'm not sure duplicate qualifies-I was thinking summon would be better, or alternate form with this modifier. He can't really protect himself, since he lacks future knowledge.

Do any of you know how much such a modifier would be worth?
Games I'm playing in:
Crinoverse: Warehouse 23
Ben Zabo: Shakes

Games I'm GMing
Grimnoir Chronicles(Open Recruitment until August 30th)

Builds:
The Core brutes 2e

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Astral Form's Comatose body drawback

Postby FuzzyBoots » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:25 am

If the future self truly cannot do anything to defend themselves, I'd say you've got the -1 Flaw for Unconscious and the -1 Flaw for either Feedback or Real as seen under Duplication. Duplication is just a specific sort of Summon, so most of the modifiers can be used directly over.

Corebrute23
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Astral Form's Comatose body drawback

Postby Corebrute23 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:28 am

Thank you.
Games I'm playing in:
Crinoverse: Warehouse 23
Ben Zabo: Shakes

Games I'm GMing
Grimnoir Chronicles(Open Recruitment until August 30th)

Builds:
The Core brutes 2e

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”