Lifedrain power: Does this seem OP to you?

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Lifedrain power: Does this seem OP to you?

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:45 am

chump wrote:I think your power was fine as a linked power, where the drain has a range. You can punch it into Herolab with no flags, so it's legal.

This is one of the things that Herolab doesn't check, although I know it's been requested on occasion.

KarolineDianne
Groupie
Groupie

Postby KarolineDianne » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:37 pm

The transfer power works just fine. I'm not really complaining anymore.

This actually works a bit better for an idea I had anyway. He effectively has a 'reservoir' of energy he draws from to heal himself. He refills the reservoir by draining peoples' life force. Granted, there's a hole in his reservoir, since it dribbles away at 1 point per minute, but that's fair enough for me.

So he can lifedrain someone, and if he's lucky and gets a full 6, he then has 6 uses of heal that will stay around long enough for the fight and a bit afterwards. If he doesn't use them, they disappear over the course of a few minutes anyway.

So long as the fight doesn't last too long, or if he's able to drain someone again once it's over, he'll be able to mend up after the fight... But only right then. If he breaks his leg in a fall out somewhere else... He's stuck with it until he can fix it the old fashioned way, or find someone to leech off of to heal.
You can own the Earth and still, all you'll own is earth until you can paint with all the colors of the wind.

chump
Bystander
Bystander

Postby chump » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:47 pm

Oh, my bad.
I think I'd still allow it though...

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”