Constructs and Growth

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
XLS
Mastermind
Mastermind

Constructs and Growth

Postby XLS » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:02 am

I have a question-- more academic than anything-- about Constructs and the Growth power.

Let's say I'm building a PC that's a sentient robot. But let's also say that I want this robot to be sort of tall, so I give it 4 ranks of Growth-- it's considered Large and is 8' tall.

Now, because it's a construct, it has no CON. But growth gives me a 1 rank in my CON for each rank in Growth. Presumably, the rules about constructs having no Constitution trump anything else, so the CON stays at 0 and I'll still need to buy Immunity for that. But does the fact that I'm not benefitting from the ranks of CON that Growth gives me mean that I get those 4 points back to use elsewhere?

Again, this is all academic: I'm building NPC robots for an upcoming adventure (get ready, Freedom League: West Coast!), so I am not constrained as much by power points. But it did make me wonder, and I thought I'd ask the forum members their thoughts...

peregrine
Cohort
Cohort

Re: Constructs and Growth

Postby peregrine » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:47 am

"Larger Constructs gain +2 toughness per increase in size category above medium (But do not gain the additional Constitution from Growth)."

Page 149 of the core rules.

XLS
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Constructs and Growth

Postby XLS » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:43 pm

peregrine wrote:"Larger Constructs gain +2 toughness per increase in size category above medium (But do not gain the additional Constitution from Growth)."

Page 149 of the core rules.
OK, so they get the toughness, but not the actual CON score.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”