Affects Object Only Disintegration

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
Cinder
Hero
Hero

Affects Object Only Disintegration

Postby Cinder » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:38 pm

Why would a Disintegration with affects objects (only) not warrant a -1 flaw?

You are paying +1 for the affects objects, shouldn't it be OK to give it a flaw because you could just build:

Linked:

Damage X (1pp)
-range (1pp)
Drain X (1pp)
-range (1pp)
-affects objects only (+0)

I think the above power is kosher, but I was just wondering.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Affects Object Only Disintegration

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:47 pm

It seems perfectly fine to me. Why would you think it isn't? :) For that matter, if you only want it to damage objects, you could probably add a -1 Limited Flaw to the Damage.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:46 pm

I agree. It should be -1 on the Drain and the Damage effect.

If you have to buy Ranged and other extras on both effects, flaws should be the same.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:59 pm

kenseido wrote:I agree. It should be -1 on the Drain and the Damage effect.

If you have to buy Ranged and other extras on both effects, flaws should be the same.

It would be a +0 Modifier on the Drain component (taking it from Affects Non-objects Only to Affects Objects Only, a zero sum) and a -1 on the Damage if built from scratch. Off of UP Disintegrate, it's -1 to remove the +1 Affects Objects and Non-Objects and to add the +0 Affects Objects Only and -1 to make Damage Affects Objects Only.

^_^ Which I think is what you were trying to say, but because these discussions occasionally are found by those seeking knowledge, I figured it wouldn't hurt to clarify.

Cinder
Hero
Hero

Postby Cinder » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:19 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote:
kenseido wrote:I agree. It should be -1 on the Drain and the Damage effect.

It would be a +0 Modifier on the Drain component (taking it from Affects Non-objects Only to Affects Objects Only, a zero sum) and a -1 on the Damage if built from scratch. Off of UP Disintegrate, it's -1 to remove the +1 Affects Objects and Non-Objects and to add the +0 Affects Objects Only and -1 to make Damage Affects Objects Only.

^_^ Which I think is what you were trying to say, but because these discussions occasionally are found by those seeking knowledge, I figured it wouldn't hurt to clarify.

Agreed, I think I was just wiped from work. I am glad there are still a few people left to bounce 2e questions off.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”