Trip and Attack Specialization Questions

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
Man Drake
Henchman
Henchman

Trip and Attack Specialization Questions

Postby Man Drake » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:17 pm

The Trip Action (page 159 2nd ed.) says to make a melee attack.

I'm wondering if that could be ANY melee attack? For instance:

1) If my character has a general attack bonus of +5 (spent ten points on attack) and an empty hand bonus of +7 (spent 1 point on Attack Specialization [Empty Hand] ) then I assume I would make a tripping melee attack at +7.

2) I'm also assuming that further specializations like say Sword +8 may not lend themselves to tripping and so I'd be making the trip attack at the lower +7.

3) Can I spend a point on Attack Specialization [Trip] as an attack? on top of the Improved Trip Feat which already gives me +4?

And while I'm on the topic of Attack Specialization, can I:

4) Spend points on something like Attack Specialization [Hand Thrown Weapons] like a throwing knife, or an axe, or a spear, whatever I find lying around...? I'd like to have the character not good with guns and bows (so Attack Focus Ranged is too wide ) but just thrown things.

5) and lastly, can I spend points on Attack Specialization [Touch] for say a Wizard with touch spells who is good at touching, but not punching, his targets?

Thanks in advance for the advice/inspiration.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Trip and Attack Specialization Questions

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:38 pm

Steve Kenson has said that a narrow specialization is reasonable.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”