Reaction and flat floated... how they interact?

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
spikevampire
Collaborator
Collaborator

Reaction and flat floated... how they interact?

Postby spikevampire » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:26 pm

There is something like being flat-floated which prevent you for activate a triggered reaction?

It depends on the descriptors? How the base rule work?

How the hero point effect (reaction counter) interact with flat-floated?

Personally I think that are some powers or occasion in which you should be ready to act, not flat-floated to activate a reaction.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Reaction and flat floated... how they interact?

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:37 pm

Ruleswise, Reaction happens even when flatfooted just like how Reflex saves go off even when flatfooted.

spikevampire
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby spikevampire » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:42 pm

Oh thanks ... so I can react against a power and counter it even when flat floated :)

Doctor Devious
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Doctor Devious » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:29 am

Beware the use of the word "react" in that summary - it is a system keyword and so has a more formal meaning than in normal-english-usage. Only ability with a action time of "reaction" can be used.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:44 am

Doctor Devious wrote:Beware the use of the word "react" in that summary - it is a system keyword and so has a more formal meaning than in normal-english-usage. Only ability with a action time of "reaction" can be used.

And, arguably, use of a Hero Point for an out-of-turn counter without a prepared action.

Doctor Devious
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Doctor Devious » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:13 am

An argument you'd win quite easily IMHO!

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:20 am

^_^ Good to know.

Incidentally in regard to reaction powers that would not work when flatfooted (in my mind, I'm thinking a Reaction damage that represents a trained martial artist automatically counter-attacking), I'd probably put "must not be flatfooted" as a -1 Power Loss Drawback since it's relatively rare. "Must be able to perceive attack" might be worth an additional -1 just because a number of situations involving Subtle and Concealment might come into play (although the latter generally introduces flatfootedness, an interaction with Uncanny Dodge where someone didn't know exactly where the invisible person is attacking from but is retaining their dodge bonus due to smelling their aftershave might be a reasonable corner case).

spikevampire
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby spikevampire » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:05 pm

Thanks for the martial artist suggestion of the power loss...

By the way... That was exactly what I meant when i was saying react against a power with a counter auhauhauh :)

Doctor Devious wrote:Beware the use of the word "react" in that summary - it is a system keyword and so has a more formal meaning than in normal-english-usage. Only ability with a action time of "reaction" can be used.

And, arguably, use of a Hero Point for an out-of-turn counter without a prepared action.[/quote]

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”