Power Stacking & APs

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
Sangouki
Groupie
Groupie

Power Stacking & APs

Postby Sangouki » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:37 pm

Blast from the past here:

So, I'm working on a character who has a suit of armor as a Device that enhances his psychic powers. This is pretty straightforward as long as I stick to just powers, but I'm sort of confused about how it would work with alternate powers.

Say the character has Telekinesis 6 and the armor has Telekinesis 4. Simple, yeah? But what if the character had a Blast AP on his Telekinesis; what then? Would he only have a Blast 6? Should I purchase the AP for the armor's Telekinesis to let them stack?

What if I wanted him to have an AP off of Telekinesis that gave him Flight 10, but only while in the armor?

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Power Stacking & APs

Postby kenseido » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:43 pm

In general, powers stack, so since you are buying for the base array, then you're APs should go up as well. There is a precedent in Book of Magic of a Device buying AP's on an character's Array.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Greyman
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Power Stacking & APs

Postby Greyman » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Sangouki wrote:Say the character has Telekinesis 6 and the armor has Telekinesis 4. Simple, yeah? But what if the character had a Blast AP on his Telekinesis; what then? Would he only have a Blast 6? Should I purchase the AP for the armor's Telekinesis to let them stack?

What if I wanted him to have an AP off of Telekinesis that gave him Flight 10, but only while in the armor?
Purchase the Blast alternate power on the base Telekinesis power. Purchase an Enhanced Trait in the armor (which enhance the trait's alternate power's as well). Then add the Flight alternate power feat to that.

Telekinesis 6 (AP Blast 6)
psi-armor Device 2 {Enhanced Telekinesis +4 [to Telekinesis 10 (AP Blast 10)] (AP Flight 10)}

Just note (if it's not obvious): With this build you cannot use the base Telekinesis effects at the same time as the armor's Flight.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”