Full Dazzle attack delayed in 3 rounds

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
spikevampire
Collaborator
Collaborator

Full Dazzle attack delayed in 3 rounds

Postby spikevampire » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi guys... I would like to recreate a power which basically dazzle all the senses of the adversary.

It should shut down first the hearing, then the sight and finally all the other senses of the character but I want it to do this in three different rounds (with separated saves)

1° Round = Hearing with Save
2° Round = Sight with Save
3° Round = All remaining with save

A successful save don't prevent the others to occur but the "casting" could be interrupted.

I thought something like that:
- Dazzle 4 +1 concentration -1 for each round and alternate save

PS: I'm kind of confused about it too but, what if I want the power to be sustained with a concentration while the effect acts as continue one? (should it be +1 for concentration and +1 for the limited continue effect only?)

Doctor Devious
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: Full Dazzle attack delayed in 3 rounds

Postby Doctor Devious » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:48 am

Secondary effect or triggered come to mind as means to spread an attack into several rounds. Your approach allowing saves to be made but the effect to continue seems to argue against adjusting it into a ranked-effect based on #uses.

I don't have a rule book to hand to get a more exact feel for it, but I would note that round 3 needs more definition: Does "all remaining" include those already successfully saved against? Does it include exotic senses?

spikevampire
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby spikevampire » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:02 pm

All remaining includes exotic senses but not those which you saved yet (hearing and visual basically)...

For the secondary effect, it's not right what i want. A dazzle power like this (all senses for 4 pp each rank) should remove all the senses from the subjects, instantly... I would like to process this in three different rounds, allowing him to stop my concentration in some way. I'm also want to allow 3 different and unrelated saves against the 3 different effects. Saving from the first, doesn't mean it will prevent the second effect nor the third...

It's kind of far from the usual way M&M works...

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:09 am

On one hand, you're not getting the immediate effect. On the other hand, you're forcing three saves, which greatly increases the chances of them falling prey to it. I would say it's a -1 Flaw and buying the Concentration duration to do what you want (by continuing to concentrate on the effect, you keep forcing saves and allowing for later tiers of effect), but if you stop concentrating, it would start all over again with the first save only targeting sight and so on.

spikevampire
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby spikevampire » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:25 pm

It's a -1 flaw to much restrictive? assuming a limitation should halve the effect of the power... we are splitting by three and we are giving its only a -1 .... Should it be -1.5?

Or for example with a 4 round power a -2??? and so on for each /2?

By the way, it seems to be needed the concentration extra :)

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:36 pm

Indeed, I'd say only a -1 Flaw. The first part of your attack goes after vision, which is the primary sensory method for 90% of the populace. Alternately, you could probably buy the parts of the Dazzle separately and use the Linked Flaw from Mecha and Manga for a similar cost.

spikevampire
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby spikevampire » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:02 pm

I've found it on internet and I think it is a fine solution to what I need :) thanks fuzzy...

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:46 pm

spikevampire wrote:I've found it on internet and I think it is a fine solution to what I need :) thanks fuzzy...

>_< I'm hoping that means you bought an electronic copy off of the Green Ronin website and you're not saying that you just went and downloaded it...

spikevampire
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby spikevampire » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:03 pm

no no, not downloaded :)
I think is kind of illegal!!!

Found it here:
http://atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.ph ... ed#p910979

I remembered that from a conversation I had here on the forum!

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”