Index of Official Rules Answers & General Resources

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
Elric
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Elric's Index of Official Rules Answers & General Resources

Postby Elric » Wed May 12, 2010 8:17 am

slaughterj wrote:
Elric wrote:Uncanny Dodge: What exactly does Uncanny Dodge protect against

Hero Points/Extra Effort:
If you spend a hero point to shake off a stun when it is inflicted, treat it as if the stun result never happened, so none of its subsequent effects (e.g., Knockback, having to roll a concentration check to keep a Force Field up) do either.

Here's a suggestion, but it may take some time. Many of the entries are like the one for Hero Points / Extra Effort above, i.e., they include the link and provide the answer. But some are like Uncanny Dodge, and are phrased as a question or otherwise do not provide the answer. While some may be a bit longer than can succinctly be described with an answer, many could be handled with short answers. So if possible, if those without answers could be reviewed and updated to include a brief answer if reasonable, especially those involving in-play matters, that would be very useful. (Then I could just have a handy printout at games, rather than scrolling, clicking through links, etc.)

A good suggestion, but given that Green Ronin Announces M&M 3rd Edition, this is probably too much effort for the return (if 3rd edition is widely switched to, this thread will be outdated fast!).
3e Builds, 2e Builds, Index of 2e Official Rules Answers & General Resources (includes character creation and fight examples)

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:37 am

This came up in a discussion on the Wolf Lair Hero Lab forums. There's not really an ORQ covering it (this mentions it explicitly and Steve fails to correct incorrect feat name usage [URL=http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13039]here) but as stated on page 13 of UP, Improved Range increases the size of range increments, but maximum range remains at 10 standard increments. Maximum range is increased by buying Progression (Range) but does not affect the size of the increments. To give four examples:
Blast 7 [7*10=100 ft range increment. 7*10*10=700 ft maximum range, 10 range increments]
Blast 7 (Improved Range) [7*25=175 ft range increment. 7*10*10=700 ft maximum range, 4 range increments]
Blast 7 (Progession [range]) [7*10=100 ft range increment. 7*10*25=1750 ft maximum range, 25 range increments (although you're at -48 to hit by the last one)]
Blast 7 (Improved Range, Progession [range]) [7*25=175 ft range increment. 7*10*25=1750 ft maximum range, 10 range increments]

^_^ Maybe no one else is confused, but I didn't realize it interacted like that until I reread UP last night while writing up a fix for HeroLab.

atlarman
Groupie
Groupie

Postby atlarman » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:41 pm

Ok, I have what I think is a very simple question: the corebook states the max save DC Modifier A PL 10 PC can have is +10 in the case of powers that would be a max save DC of 20? so following this line of reasoning and keeping in mind that DAMAGE DCs are figured at +15 and power rank- am I correct in thinking then that the max save DC allowed without trade off for that pl 10 character's Strike 7 (mighty) attk is 25?

thanks 4 the help. :D

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby roguescribner » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:34 am

For a PL10 character, not accounting for trade-offs, yes, non-toughness attacks can have a maximum of DC20 and toughness attacks can have a maximum of DC25.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang

atlarman
Groupie
Groupie

Postby atlarman » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:22 am

Ty kindly 4 the reply.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue May 03, 2011 8:58 am

^_^ I know that you're probably not updating this much what with 3E and all, but I recently realized that I'd been doing Aid incorrectly for skills, looking at it from the perspective of the "Aid Another" where the bonus is limited to +2 whereas page 10 of the Core book spells out that it's +2 plus +1 for every 10 points that DC 10 is exceeded.

I personally add on that failure imposes a -2 penalty just to prevent the "Everyone roll, just in case" situation, but that's house rules.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:02 pm

:) In an answer to a 2E rules question, I ran into the following answer in the ORQ forum, http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13938 where it's clarified that flaws like Tiring are generally only applied to one power unless you want it to really happen twice. Presumably, this means Distracting is in the same boat, particularly since you can't be flatfooted twice.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Index of Official Rules Answers & General Resources

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:24 am

This is one that I came upon recently while looking up another answer. According to UP, page 12:
Note that you can only activate or deactivate an effect in a round, not both. This is an important consideration for a variety of tricks, including deactivating a defensive power like Insubstantial (free action), making an attack (standard action), and becoming insubstantial again (free action), not normally an option.

The number of times I've seen people pull that sort of a trick...

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”