Thrown Weapons

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
StickMan
Mastermind
Mastermind

Thrown Weapons

Postby StickMan » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:10 pm

I've been wondering what counts as a thrown weapon for the purpose of the Throwing Mastery Feat.

I'm working on a character who draws throwing stars and dangers as a use of the blast power because he has a virutaly limitless supply of daggers and stars. Would these count as a thrown weapon?

disasterdude13
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby disasterdude13 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:30 pm

I don't see why this shouldn't count as a thrown weapon given the descriptor but you have to keep in mind the range increments on Throwing Mastery, that's a major reason it's cheaper than just buying up more ranks of blast.

To make his weapons identical to the throwing stars and knives in the equipment section but with an unlimited supply you'd want Blast 1 and probably the innate power feat to keep them from being drained, nullified, ect.
Then Throwing Mastery 5 would max out the range on throwing mastery and add +5 to your DC modifier. Note that this would only apply the the first 50 feet and after that it's just the regular +1. I think this is how it would work, not really sure. I'd just think this is the fair way to do it.
Don't mind her, she's the badger.

StickMan
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby StickMan » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:39 pm

Well the range limit on Throwing master is only on improvised thrown weapons.

disasterdude13
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby disasterdude13 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:53 pm

StickMan wrote:Well the range limit on Throwing master is only on improvised thrown weapons.

It's the same range increment on knives and shurikens as they are described in the equipment chapter. The points savings granted by throwing mastery must be offset somehow and I'd think this range is a fair way to do it.
Don't mind her, she's the badger.

Omega Girl
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Omega Girl » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:21 pm

Throwing Mastery is essentially just buying the Blast power with the Medium Flaw, as near as I can tell.

jonnypunk
Bystander
Bystander

Re:

Postby jonnypunk » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:45 pm

Omega Girl wrote:Throwing Mastery is essentially just buying the Blast power with the Medium Flaw, as near as I can tell.

YEAH! Your probably right... :)
A man with a briefcase can steal millions more than any man with a defensive spray.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”