Ice control - whow! Whow!! Ouch that hurt!

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
AKA Alex
Bystander
Bystander

Ice control - whow! Whow!! Ouch that hurt!

Postby AKA Alex » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:00 am

So one of my players is playing a character with ice control. He wants to make an ice slick to put people on their arses, not just hamper their movement but actually make them slip and fall, and have it there next turn, and the next without having to put it into an AP and leave the whole AP locked up.

Me I think its a whole lot of cheese, but hay, what do I know, I am just the GM

Anyway, his solution involved Trip and duration increases and such like that, can someone help me with a build?
Sometimes I feel like a noob and sometimes I do not. Mostly I feel unlike myself so don't blame me.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Ice control - whow! Whow!! Ouch that hurt!

Postby FuzzyBoots » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:45 am

Independent from Ultimate Power (and from the Core errata) is probably what you'd be looking for. Applied to a Sustained power, it essentially gains Continuous (+1) and Fades (-1) with a +0 Feat/Drawback that it's no longer under your control, but also doesn't tie up the array slot. That does mean that the player cannot attain Reversible, and will likely have to do a Power check to banish the effect.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”