Alternate Form Transformation triggers

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Alternate Form Transformation triggers

Postby Aerlock » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:10 am

I'm building a Material Mimic for a pbp game here and I've got a problem.

I had an idea that I'm not sure how to mechanically represent. I want him to have a difficult time switching forms. He requires a source of the material he's going to change into equal to his mass and he has two options to initiate the transformation: 1.) Dig himself into the material he's going to change into, in game terms a full round activation 2.) Get slammed into the material or have the material slammed into him and be Stunned for a round.

The second one and making it an either/or options is whats difficult for me to build. You guys have any ideas?

- Aerlock
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Alternate Form Transformation triggers

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:29 am

You might look at Normal Identity for inspiration. A full-round trigger is worth 2 pp. Severity will be lower since he'll probably usually have access to all of his powers, so I'd say it's Moderate at most. Subtract 1 more for having the other option of transforming upon getting hit into a surface and it's somewhere around 3-4 pp as a Drawback.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”