Mix and Match

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
dragonexx
Bystander
Bystander

Mix and Match

Postby dragonexx » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:28 pm

So I have a question. How does mix and match work exactly?

I want to use it with the Environment Control power, and If i do so, do i need to get any of the other options as alternate powers (possibly dynamic?)

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Mix and Match

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:43 pm

Mix and Match is more or less a whole-rules patch. You either run Environmental Control as "you get the effects you buy" or you run Environmental Control as mix-and-match where you buy a certain number of points in each rank. If you want the two to co-exist, I'd probably recommend buying it as the 4pp/rank Variable (single power with narrow descriptor) and then pay up for the Action extra. To be able to change the Environmental Control without any additional action, you're paying 6 pp/rank for 5 pp of effects. 5 pp/rank could also work if there's a more limited set of Environmental Control actions to pick from.

The way to do it "properly" without the Variable option is to buy up the effects as dynamic options in an array, but that's going to cost you dearly since there's 8 effects even before you get into things like there being three options for Distraction for example.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”