Multiple-Feature Weapon

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
TheComet
Comrade
Comrade

Multiple-Feature Weapon

Postby TheComet » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:15 am

I'm building a 'Weapon Master' type character who's weapon is a weapon with multiple configurations.

It is a flanged mace, but the head can me removed and flattened to form a large throwing star-like blade. When the head is removed, the handle can be extended into a battle staff.

Here's how I built it (using HeroLab), but I was wondering if anyone here might have a better and/or more efficient way of doing it?

The main power is Strike 2 with various other features, and the Battle Staff/Thrown Head powers are a single alternate power. (The character has a +3 Str bonus).

Battle Mace (Device 2) (Easy to lose)
. . Mace (Strike 2) (DC 20, Feats: Improved Critical 3 (Mace (Strike 2)); Penetrating; Mighty, Thrown (Range: 50 ft., incr 10 ft.))
. . . . Battle Staff (Strike 3) (Alternate; DC 21; Extended Reach (5 ft.), Mighty, Thrown (Range: 50 ft., incr 10 ft.))
. . . . Thrown Mace Head (Strike 1) (Alternate; DC 19; Mighty, Thrown (Range: 50 ft., incr 10 ft.))

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Second Edition is ©2005-2012 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
Organic material taken form the core of Halley's Comet in 1987, seeded into a humanoid form and given sentience: she is THE COMET!

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Multiple-Feature Weapon

Postby FuzzyBoots » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:57 am

Truthfully, what you have built kind of works, but as it is, there's no real benefit to having two separate Strike powers for the AP, and it's kind of iffy whether you can throw part of an AP and still have the rest of it work. Why not just have the thrown Macehead be a Blast attack? Less damage, but you can do it over and over again as you ricochet it off your target and have it come back. If the GM is copacetic, you might even be able to add a Power Loss to gain an additional rank of Mighty to model that every once in a while, maybe once in an adventure, it doesn't bounce right and you'll have to retrieve it.

Battle Mace (Device 2) (Easy to lose)
. . Mace (Strike 2) (DC 20, Feats: Improved Critical 3 (Mace (Strike 2)); Penetrating; Mighty, Thrown (Range: 50 ft., incr 10 ft.))
. . . . Battle Staff (Strike 3) (Alternate; DC 21; Extended Reach (5 ft.), Mighty, Thrown (Range: 50 ft., incr 10 ft.))
. . . . Thrown Mace Head (Blast 1) (Alternate; DC 17; Mighty 1(Range: 100 ft., incr 10 ft.))

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”