Normal Identity

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!
Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Normal Identity

Postby Aerlock » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:49 am

Does the "Normal" form of Normal Identity have to be completely unpowered?

I have in mind a character that's somewhere around PL 4 or 5 in his "Normal" form but once he powers up he's PL8 with completely different powers/stats.

- Aerlock
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Normal Identity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:09 am

It's really up to the GM. Personally, I aim for half of the PL and PP of the original character. Occasionally, that results in lower-ranked powers sticking around. In a few cases, such as Magical Pretty Princess Loli-Chan, the Normal Identity had skills and feats that the transformed side did not have.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:19 am

Well you have two basic uses of Normal Id.

One would be the Bruce Banner/Incredible Hulk version. Banner is very different than the Hulk, but much lower in PL and cost.

Then you have the Normal ID where the person is essentially the same only without powers. Superman has a Normal Id under Red Sun. Tony Stark has a Normal Id without his armor. (Yes that qualifies because he has two identities, unlike someone with a Magic Necklace who can go around in super form all the time).
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

AKA Alex
Bystander
Bystander

Postby AKA Alex » Sun May 04, 2014 3:07 pm

I generally use a Container to build the super if there is a Normal ID.

Add (or subtract) for stats, build powers, bonus to skills, etc. And, have two character sheets- one fore normal and one for super.

Also I highly recommend Hero Lab, made my life so much easier when I started GMing again.
Sometimes I feel like a noob and sometimes I do not. Mostly I feel unlike myself so don't blame me.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)”