Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Hypothetical about Regeneration

Discuss the second edition rules of the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game. Check here before posting in the Official Rules Forum, someone might just know the answer already!

Hypothetical about Regeneration

Postby zeone3000 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:57 pm

Say one makes it a continuous power and use Extra Effort. Does it boost all the current aspects by two? Or do you choose one of them and boost it by two?
]My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow - Chapter four is now up! Enjoy!
zeone3000
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Hypothetical about Regeneration

Postby Greyman » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:29 pm

zeone3000 wrote:Say one makes it a continuous power and use Extra Effort. Does it boost all the current aspects by two? Or do you choose one of them and boost it by two?
No. Extra Effort to Increase Power will raise a power's rank by 2. For Continuous Regeneration you would select from any existing ranks to increase.

EG: If you had Regeneration 10 (Continuous; Check +5, Rates: Bruised/round, Injured/round) you could boost the recovery check to +7, or the rates of either Bruised or Injured to "a check per round with no rest". You could also split between two, and increase the check bonus to +6 and one rate down to a standard action.

Whether you could increase the rate of a condition you took no ranks for is up to the GM; though except for bruised or unconscious it would be pointless, since the extra effort only lasts one turn anyway.
Greyman
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Hypothetical about Regeneration

Postby zeone3000 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:37 am

I thought so, thank you for verifying that.
]My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow - Chapter four is now up! Enjoy!
zeone3000
Zealot
Zealot

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Rules (Second Edition)