telekinesis, throwing someone and throwing stuff at them...

These questions about M&M's first edition were posed to Steve Kenson--and then he answered them! Steve's now providing official answers to second edition questions, but we've archived this forum for you to search.
telekinetic-spiderman
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

telekinesis, throwing someone and throwing stuff at them...

Post by telekinetic-spiderman » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:05 am

what are the rules for telekinesis when it comes to throwing people, and throwing objects at people.

such as flinging a steal bat at someones head, or picking someone up and lobing them at a brick wall(head first)

pleas include such information as the or the dmg bonus (would you apply your rank as a mod to dmg bonus plus the weapons bonus,so a rank 10 telekinetic would through a larg nail of dmg bonus +3, at someone, supposing theyd hit, theyd score a rol for dmg of d20 + 13)

then what you would do when throwing someone, how much dmg they would attain (ex// hardness of surface + rank maby?)
I AM QUANTUM,
all inanimat matter is at my control!!!!!

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Post by Steve Kenson » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:36 am

For telekinetically throwing things at opponents, I'd use the improvised weapons rules (p. 114), substituting Telekinesis for Strength bonus.

For telekinetically grabbing people, I use the grappling rules, against substituting Telekinesis rank for Str bonus. The target being grappled can only attempt to escape from the grapple (and can't grapple the attacker since he's not really there to grab).

If the telekinetic pins the target, he can throw him like any other object. Base damage of Telekinesis rank (which is roughly how hard you throw him).
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing