Error With Damocles's Stats (the new one)

These questions about M&M's first edition were posed to Steve Kenson--and then he answered them! Steve's now providing official answers to second edition questions, but we've archived this forum for you to search.
Yuga
Bystander
Bystander

Error With Damocles's Stats (the new one)

Post by Yuga » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:12 pm

I just downloaded the errata, FAQ, and the new stat pages for heroes and villains. I was cracking the stats for Damocles and I found that there are some mistakes.

First Error:
Hardness +10: ... Cost: 0 pp; Total: 0 pp
This has to be a mistake. The book clearly states it costs 1 pp per point of hardness.

Second Error:
Weapon (firesword) +10: Damocles carries a flaming sword with a damage bonus of +13L.
Anyone struck by it must make an additional Damage save against +10L damage for the sword’s fiery
sheath. [Extra: Energy Field; Power Stunt: Extra Attack (Energy Blast +10—fire); Source: Super-Science;
Cost: 2 pp; Total: 20 pp].
If the sword has a damage bonus of +13 with energy damage +10 (enabled by Power Stunt: Extra Attack), then the powerpoint cost should be 13*1+10*(2-1)+2=25, for Weapon + Energy Field extra + one Power Stunt.

All other stats were okay. If one ignores these two errors, the total powerpoint adds up to that of PL 15.

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Post by Steve Kenson » Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:36 am

Thanks for pointing it out. I'll make a note of it for correction.
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing