Penatrating Attack & Extras

These questions about M&M's first edition were posed to Steve Kenson--and then he answered them! Steve's now providing official answers to second edition questions, but we've archived this forum for you to search.
scottmage84120
Bystander
Bystander

Penatrating Attack & Extras

Postby scottmage84120 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:01 pm

Does Penatrating Attack work with the Extras that are purchased on a power?

Example: Iron Angel had Telepathy and the Mind Control Extra. Her player buys Penatrating Attack (3 times, Cost 4 PP - She is able to burrow past even another Telpath's defenses causing a -6 on an opponent's DC roll) on Telepathy and she is able to once in Mind Control someone easier (i.e. - 6 on the DC roll against Mind Control).

Am I way off?

This would give you a character that is very skilled in a power, without having a high degree of power. A Power Level 10 character could have a PL of 5 in something an yet have a very good measure of skill with the power. :D

This is also a great way to run a PL 5 campain, while allowing characters more points to spread around, or that very specialized character that is a Master at a power or group of powers...like Prof. X.... :wink:

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Postby Steve Kenson » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:46 pm

Sounds like a reasonable option to me. Note that Penetrating Attack was originally intended only for damaging attacks, but you could extend it to include any effect with a saving throw, as you do above.
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing

Return to “Official Rules Questions (1e Archive)”