Possession + (Unconscious, Disabled or Dead)

These questions about M&M's first edition were posed to Steve Kenson--and then he answered them! Steve's now providing official answers to second edition questions, but we've archived this forum for you to search.
x93edwards
Bystander
Bystander

Possession + (Unconscious, Disabled or Dead)

Postby x93edwards » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:18 pm

Hello Steve,

Before sending this question I reviewed the Official Rules board to see if my question had been answered. It appears that it had, but I wasn't sure if I was looking at conflicting answers.

From a previous post it appears that a character that possessed a host could be stunned if the host was stunned. Does this apply with Unconscious, Disabled, Dying and Instant Kill results as well--assuming you are using the OPTION: MASSIVE DAMAGE for the last two results to be possible?

My thought was Stun and Unconscious applied to possessor and host. In the case of Dying or Instant Kill results I would allow a Will Save or Power Check by the possessor vs a DC of 15+Damage for the possessor to be expelled (but unconscious) from the host.

Thank you.

From Previous Posts...

http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com/ph ... possession

.... what happens if the body I am inhabiting is damaged to unconsciousness or disability? Can I just hop out or am I expelled?
SK: You're expelled, but unharmed.

---------------------------------

http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com/ph ... possession
1. The book states that the possessor uses the host's physical attributes, skills, and powers. This seems to indicate that this means that the host's damage and fortitude saves are used to resist damage and injury effects. It says nothing else, so that infers that if the possessor fails a damage save, goes to dying, and then fails the fortitude save, the host and the posessor are dead. Is this correct?

SK: Yes.

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Postby Steve Kenson » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:44 pm

The answers are both right: a possessor whose host is KOed is expelled, but a possessor whose host is killed also dies from the lethal shock. Your option of allowing a Will save to escape this fate is just fine if it's something that suits your game.
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing

Return to “Official Rules Questions (1e Archive)”