Mecha Creation part two.

These questions about M&M's first edition were posed to Steve Kenson--and then he answered them! Steve's now providing official answers to second edition questions, but we've archived this forum for you to search.
Warmonger
Sidekick
Sidekick

Mecha Creation part two.

Postby Warmonger » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:57 pm

Hey I'm sorry Steve, but there is no way for me to edit or respond to my previous post so I gotta make a new one.

1. Scale; Ok I just realized that a Huge Mecha already has a protection +8, so that means 8 auto matically gets subtracted form the damage bonus so what do I do? Should I add 8 to the damage dc to compensate, or should I just give them high PL weapons?

2. Also range how should range scale I mean a huge gun is going to shoot further than a medium sized one right how does that scale?
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance." Thanos of Titan

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Re: Mecha Creation part two.

Postby Steve Kenson » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:38 pm

1. Scale; Ok I just realized that a Huge Mecha already has a protection +8, so that means 8 auto matically gets subtracted form the damage bonus so what do I do? Should I add 8 to the damage dc to compensate, or should I just give them high PL weapons?

You can choose to ignore scale for an all-mecha campaign or boost weapon damage accordingly.

2. Also range how should range scale I mean a huge gun is going to shoot further than a medium sized one right how does that scale?

Well, if you increase weapon damage (above) you'll also increase range. You can also just use the carrying capacity multipliers for scale to increase range by a similar amount, if you like.

Also, take a look at the M&M 2e vehicle rules when you get the chance: I think you may find them better-suited to some of the stuff you have in mind.
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing

Return to “Official Rules Questions (1e Archive)”