Backwards Boost

These questions about M&M's first edition were posed to Steve Kenson--and then he answered them! Steve's now providing official answers to second edition questions, but we've archived this forum for you to search.
Prescient
Hero
Hero

Backwards Boost

Postby Prescient » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:25 pm

Is there a way to perform a backwards boost?

I have been trying to work out a price set on something like that but I'm unclear as to what it would be, a flaw or an extra.

I mean, on one hand you get your power more slowly, and on the other it fails all at once when it is stopped.

Most characts, like the Hulk, can get stronger and stronger, as needed but never boost all the way up and get brought down slowly. It is always built up slow and then failing all at once, usually with a bit of unconsciousness or fatigue as a result from the push.

What is your take? Would it be an extra or a flaw? Or both and be considered a completely different power?

Thanks for the help.

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Postby Steve Kenson » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:53 am

I'm not quite sure what you're asking...

If you're talking about having a Boost take effect slower and last longer, I'd tend to say that evens out in terms of an extra/flaw; you'd need to work out the terms with your GM, but something like gaining 1 rank of Boost per minute (for example), then losing it at a rank per minute seems fair.
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing

Return to “Official Rules Questions (1e Archive)”