+accuracy/-Damage feats

These questions about M&M's first edition were posed to Steve Kenson--and then he answered them! Steve's now providing official answers to second edition questions, but we've archived this forum for you to search.
Rivalsan
Hireling
Hireling

+accuracy/-Damage feats

Postby Rivalsan » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:15 pm

This has come up on the rules board, and while I think I'm right (Who doesn't always think that, admit it!) I wanted to ask for an Official Ruling(tm)(R)

If you use the feat that allows you to reduce damage but increase accuracy on an attack like Paralysis or Grapple, would instead of damage decreasing, would the efficaciousness of that power or attempt go down? Same with trip attacks, etc. Wouldn't the same thing that reduces the damage of a straight punch make it easier to resist the grapple or the trip attack?
Hello, my name is Rivalsan, and I'm a MinMaxaholic. Twelve step programs don't work for us. We keep trying to find a way to do it in ten steps. Or less.. I bet I could squeeze it down to.. *sigh* (Crowd: Hi, Rivalsan)

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Postby Steve Kenson » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:45 am

"Officially" those feats in M&M only affect damaging attacks, but I use a house-rule along the lines you describe and find that it works well.
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing

Return to “Official Rules Questions (1e Archive)”