Blending when in site and Subtle movement

These questions about M&M's first edition were posed to Steve Kenson--and then he answered them! Steve's now providing official answers to second edition questions, but we've archived this forum for you to search.
Mahali
Bystander
Bystander

Blending when in site and Subtle movement

Postby Mahali » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:04 pm

Does haveing Blending allow you to Hide when viewed?

Does the the Subtle extra on a travel power do anything? In particular Teleport?

I have a small stealthy character with Blending (so see See Invis won't spot him) and Subtle Teleport. I think that'd allow him to remain hidden while Teleporting around.

If he attacks in Melee while hidden then Teleports away is still visible to them target or reroll Hide?

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Re: Blending when in site and Subtle movement

Postby Steve Kenson » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:43 am

Does haveing Blending allow you to Hide when viewed?

Yes.

Does the the Subtle extra on a travel power do anything? In particular Teleport?

I've handled it that the character can make Move Silently checks while using the power. For example Nightcrawler's Teleport isn't Subtle (there's a noise and a cloud of smoke); a character with Subtle Teleport might just "fade in" without any noise or other visual effects.

I have a small stealthy character with Blending (so see See Invis won't spot him) and Subtle Teleport. I think that'd allow him to remain hidden while Teleporting around.

I would agree.

If he attacks in Melee while hidden then Teleports away is still visible to them target or reroll Hide?

I'd have him make a new Hide check each time he teleports.
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing

Return to “Official Rules Questions (1e Archive)”