Improved Two Weapon Fighting?

These questions about M&M's first edition were posed to Steve Kenson--and then he answered them! Steve's now providing official answers to second edition questions, but we've archived this forum for you to search.
Addi83
Bystander
Bystander

Improved Two Weapon Fighting?

Postby Addi83 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:31 am

I was just wondering, since this feat exists in M&M, and gives you an extra attack at -5 with your secondary weapon, and I can't find any indication that it's not supposed to be included in the game, I have a question.

You decided not to give characters in this game extra attacks based on a higher base attack bonus, which is fine, but I've always seen the "Improved Two Weapon Fighting" and similar feats as simply giving you these base attack inspired extra attacks with your secondary weapon also, so in a game with no extra attacks for high base attack, shouldn't this feat be removed also? Or you end up getting to make more attacks with you secondary weapon than your primary weapon. Is this an oversight, or do you simply disagree with me on the nature of this feat?
Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes...that way when you judge them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Postby Steve Kenson » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:21 am

I'd say we simply disagree on the nature of the feat in M&M. If you makes you feel any better, Two-Weapon Fighting (Improved or otherwise) is not found in M&M 2e.
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing

Return to “Official Rules Questions (1e Archive)”