Energy Control (Darkness) + Alternate Form (Shadow)

These questions about M&M's first edition were posed to Steve Kenson--and then he answered them! Steve's now providing official answers to second edition questions, but we've archived this forum for you to search.
Vortex
Hireling
Hireling

Energy Control (Darkness) + Alternate Form (Shadow)

Postby Vortex » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:54 am

Greetings

One of my players has Energy Control (Darkness) [flaw: Restricted - Power Source] and Alternate Form (Shadow) [flaw: Range - Touch]. So there has to be darkness present to be controlled by her and she has to touch dark areas to become a shadow. Until now, I ruled that she'd be able to use her EC power to 'call' shadows to her and touch them to become a shadow, because she only controls existing shadows.

BUT now she plans to buy off the Power Source flaw from her EC, so she will be able to create darkness. Would you say she should be able to use her own darkness to become a shadow by touching it or would that be somehow disable the Touch flaw of AF?

If so (and only then), should I just rule that she still only can become shadow from natural darkness or should I insist that she have to buy off both flaws alltogether?

Thanks for any enlightenment

V.

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Postby Steve Kenson » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:39 am

It sounds to me like the AF flaw is largely disabled and should probably be bought off.
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing

Return to “Official Rules Questions (1e Archive)”