Last one... I swear...

These questions about M&M's first edition were posed to Steve Kenson--and then he answered them! Steve's now providing official answers to second edition questions, but we've archived this forum for you to search.
tomorrow
Mastermind
Mastermind

Last one... I swear...

Postby tomorrow » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:08 am

Okay... sorry again. But there is one last thing that's occured to me this morning. Its about something stated here about extras of extras not being zeroed out on powers that have a cost of 1pp (like leaping, clinging, amazing save, etc.). It just doesn't make sense to me... I keep running it through my head and it feels like it should zero out. Here are my reasons:

1. What you've said about Protection. You've stated that Protection is really just Amazing Save-Damage with the ping effect extra. Well if its really just AS-D with and extra... when Protection is taken as an Extra of a power isn't it just like taking AS-D with the ping extra... and zeroing out that extra?

2. I was of the impression that "Extra" was just essentially a way of given a bunch of powers a "linked to this primary power" flaw. And flaws do zero out extras. So for example Combat Sense [Extra: Whatever; Flawed: Linked to Primary Power] would be 1pp per rank. So shouldn't Combat Sense as an extra of another power with its own extra still be 1pp per rank too?

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Postby Steve Kenson » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:32 am

... and, once again, reasons why extras don't work this way in M&M 2e! 8-)

If the "zeroing out" of the cost of some extras is a problem, the best fix I can offer is get M&M 2e in a couple months, since it doesn't have that issue.
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing

Return to “Official Rules Questions (1e Archive)”