Sillier Thought

These questions about M&M's first edition were posed to Steve Kenson--and then he answered them! Steve's now providing official answers to second edition questions, but we've archived this forum for you to search.
tomorrow
Mastermind
Mastermind

Sillier Thought

Postby tomorrow » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:44 am

Sorry for two posts in a row... but I've just came across another query. How does Boost work with Scientific Genius? I was making my "Batman" with powers guy and was giving him Boost (powers) +5 (All Attributes-Powers) and noticed he had Scientific Genius +5 (Clever Inventor)... being a PL 10 character... technically his SG should bump up to 10... but geez how would that work in game? Does he suddenly gain more points to both his design pool and on-hand equipment? And considering the way Boost wears off... how does that work?

My best idea for this is to make a secondary "boost SG design pool" essentially full of makeshift items, and like the character choose which of these items he take out during any given scenario. The items can only be pulled out after "boosting" and due to their makeshift nature tend to fall apart rapidly in the field unless tended to (assumingly by repeating the boost).

Its a slap-dash explanation. But its only way I can see Boost working with this particular power.

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Postby Steve Kenson » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:27 am

Your explanation sounds pretty good to me. The only other real option is to say Boost doesn't affect Scientific Genius at all.
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing

Return to “Official Rules Questions (1e Archive)”