question on kinetic energy

These questions about M&M's first edition were posed to Steve Kenson--and then he answered them! Steve's now providing official answers to second edition questions, but we've archived this forum for you to search.
wreckingball
Hireling
Hireling

question on kinetic energy

Postby wreckingball » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:04 am

i understand that kinetic energy is the energy used when something moves does that mean if i prep my character to block or something i can litterally drain away or increase all kinetic energy froma target making punches and bullets stop or increasing to make the jumping target suddenly fly into space. or make my biplane go fast than the jet chasing me.

when you created kinetic energy what exactly did you have in mind and how is it to be used in this game because me and some friends have had some large discussions on this ability and i want to know how to limit it

until then no one can use the kinetic energy ability (group decided)

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Re: question on kinetic energy

Postby Steve Kenson » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:23 am

wreckingball wrote:i understand that kinetic energy is the energy used when something moves does that mean if i prep my character to block or something i can litterally drain away or increase all kinetic energy froma target making punches and bullets stop or increasing to make the jumping target suddenly fly into space. or make my biplane go fast than the jet chasing me.

Those are all pretty fair examples of the sorts of power stunts Kinetic Energy Control might do, using effects like Deflect, Neutralize, and Telekinesis. The base power of Kinetic Energy Control allows effects like Telekinesis, for others, add the appropriate extras (either by spending power points or doing power stunts).
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing

Return to “Official Rules Questions (1e Archive)”